Wednesday, September 05, 2007

1st Amendment killer Jesse Harris Responds

C’mon Mark, I’m not buying it.
Jesse said "After getting caught in his latest spam-fest, Mark Towner is now trying to claim he setup some kind of intentional "trap" to "catch me". (Catch me doing what, exactly, I have yet to figure out.) I'm guessing that in his warped state of mind he somehow thought that if he dropped his entire subscriber list in my lap (and subsequently exposed it to over 5800 other people) that he'd somehow prove his subscriber numbers. All he's proven is that 1) he has a list of 5800 e-mail addresses (a few of which complained about the lastest spamming) and 2) the list doesn't account for the numbers he claimed back in June. In short, he proved nothing except that he still forces people onto his list without permission and is willing to violate the ToS for whatever provider he happens to be on.
Here's where the specious claims continue. He claims that if I ignored the subscription e-mail he sent that I wouldn't have received anything. Last I checked, a "you're subscribed" means just that. He then continues to go further off the deep end by claiming that this list is somehow opt-in. Given that I've already seen at least 3 other complaints about being forced onto the list, I'm skeptical there as well. In fact, the people receiving this stuff at work probably keep on dropping it into the Spam bin. The kicker is that he thinks he can intimidate me (or anyone else logging in with the information he provided) by saying he has our IP addresses. Oh no, some make-believe pirate has my IP address. Whatever will I do?
The real point is that Bluehost will cancel his account for sending spam and he'll have to go shopping for yet another provider. Don't you get it, Mark? As long as you continue to send unsolicited bulk messages and violate the ToS, we'll always have a way to shut you down. The only way to end this is to use opt-in lists only. It's really not that hard and it's certainly the ethical way to go. If you don't clean up your behavior soon, there's going to be nothing but negative about you when someone does a Google search."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Towner, you are completely within your First Amendment rights to spout off whatever political invective you come up with, but it's also within our First Amendment rights not to have to listen to you. Just stop sending unsolicited emails to people, and all the furor will calm down.

Mark E. Towner said...

Anonymous,

Did you receive an email from me? Let's see that makes 4 complaints. Exactly how many "unsoliciated" emails have your ever received from me?

LOL

Mark E. Towner said...

Anonymous, that's why you have a delete key.

LOL

Alienated Wannabe said...

Dear Mark and Jesse,

Is there any way we can get beyond this fight? I like both of you. And, I wish both of you well.

I have got to believe that you both have better things to be doing than either "setting a trap" (digging a pit for your neighbor) or "getting caught in a trap" (having too wide of a stance).

C'mon guys, where's the love?

Your Friend,
A.W.

Anonymous said...

Towner seems to have neglected to include his own maniacal response to this post. I tell you, Towner, you are losin' it! Get a grip:

Mark Towner, on September 5th, 2007 at 10:42 am Said:

Harris,
You were so easy to catch and expose for what you really are. I got you nailed bubba. What a freaking idiot. This was the best “fishing” trip ever. And thanks for getting your little blogger friends to take the bait as well. So where is your “lookup” tool hotshot? Where is Paul Rolly’s outrage? Could it be I told him I was going to set you up? I’m sure the total of 6 people who follow your blog will be thrilled. As far a Google search’s is this your end game Jess, try to hurt me in the search engine arena? You are soooo stupid. If you want a flame war, your messing with the wrong guy. Bring your best game.

Mark E. Towner said...

David, thanks for your input and your IP address.

Anonymous said...

Hey no prob, Mark.

If you need any other useless IP addresses to toss around as childish threats, let me know. Yesterday was a coffee shop, and later on I'll be up at the student union. If you like, I could even email you and let you know when I will be posting, so you can grab it. And then do... well, whatever it is you do with them.

You're an odd duck, man. But entertaining as a train train wreck.

And your comment on Harris's blog was still very childish and stupid, IP collector or not.

Anonymous said...

Ooops. I meant to type my name into that comment, so you would be sure to match up my IP address with my first name, for record keeping of course.

It's David. From the coffee shop.

LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh and Wednesday I will be hosting a class at the SLC Library, probably be on line that night too, if you want that IP address.

Okay, I'll lay off ya now, my mom always said it's not nice to tease the less fortunate than myself.

Good luck in your quest for justice. Heh.

David,
From the Coffee Shop