Thursday, August 30, 2007

My mom takes a fall


My 85 year old mother (looks like late 60's) took a spill while shopping with my wife Carrie last Saturday and broke her hip. She had surgery on Monday and is still loopy from the pain meds, but hopefully she will recover quickly. The circle of life has now completed. 52 years ago in a mad dash to Zama Air Base in Japan, I was delivered on the gerny not even getting to the delivery room. My mom raised 4 hell raising military boys, and now it's time for her boys to take care of her. Please keep her (Bettie) in your prayers for a speedy recovery and many more years to play with her grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Mark

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope she's feeling better soon.

Mark E. Towner said...

Thanks V.O.U.

MT

Mark E. Towner said...

Spent the morning and early afternoon at the hospital today. My Mom needs help with her meals, so I plan my day aroung her eating. She is much more lucid today, but still falls asleep at the drop of a hat. We will be moving her to s SNF tomorrow where she will begin PT to get her back up and walking.

Mark

JM Bell said...

For what it's worth, Mark, I fall asleep every time I drop a hat, too.

I hope your mom bounces right back.

Rob said...

You're a good son Mark. I hope she recovers soon.

Mark E. Towner said...

Update on Mom. We moved her today from Jordan Valley Hospital to a beautiful transitional rehab facility where she will spend the next few weeks. She was up pushing her new walker around this afternoon (hip replaced on Monday) WOW! I plan to spend the long weekend with her, and maybe catch some football. Did you see what the Washington Huskies did????? GOOOOO Huskies (Class of 79 me and 89 Carrie)

Cheers