Friday, February 16, 2007

More on Mitt from UPD


At The Politico, Terry Michael says: "[E]very bone in my libertarian Democrat body tells me the presidency is Mitt Romney's to lose. The images and sounds of the 'savior' of the Salt Lake City 2002 Winter Olympics bring to mind former White House press secretary Dee Dee Myers' observation about Bill Clinton: He seduces women, he seduces men, he seduces pets. Mitt Romney is Bill Clinton with his pants up. And he'll very likely be cast in 2008 ('nominated,' if you prefer the political science verb) against Clinton's wife, who has all the seductive qualities of John Kerry in a pants suit. ... [G]o to Mitt TV and see what I mean. I scared myself. I believe the Iraq war is a nearly criminal enterprise. I'm a social-cultural leftie who wants the government out of my bedroom and away from my body. But I was nearly mesmerized by a guy whose religion I consider akin to a cult, whose Iraq war support angers me and whose posturing against gays I find obnoxious. So, I find it kind of appalling that I find him appealing. Political seduction is a powerful drug" (see also UNCoRRELATED and Political Spyglass).

No comments: