Saturday, September 01, 2007

Mark Towner Spyglass Spots Jason Chaffetz on State Street

I was picking up my wife (in my #4 daughters) filthy Jeep in front of her Law Office and who is walking down the street but former Chief of Staff for Governor Huntsman Jason Chaffetz. Carrie say's hi and strikes up a conversation. When asked what his political plans were he said straight out, I'm running against Chris Cannon for Congress. Well we all suspected this to be the case, but it's the first time I actually heard it directly from his own lips.

I've seen first hand what happens to those serious candidates who take on Chris. Business deals go sour, old history gets dredged up, and you place a big fat bullseye on your back.

All I can say Jason is good luck, and watch your six......

Mark Towner

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon Mark. I have now worked in DC a few years and was shocked after leaving Utah the difference in perception of Cannon here vs Utah. Here, he is a real player behind the scenes and well respected. We do not need to send a kid to Washington, let alone one with Larry Craig or Mark Foley skeletons if you catch my drift.

Jacob is a nut, Leavitt can't win, and Chaffetz, well, let's just say your list of things that happen to Cannon opponents is like shooting fish in a barrel with Chaffetz. Find a legitimate candidate and Chaffetz isn't it.

Mark E. Towner said...

Anonymous Cannon supporter, are you implying that Jason Chaffetz is a closet Gay?, you said "shooting fish in a barrel" that is exactly right. That was my whole point. Anyonw who take on Cannon pays a price down the road. The Cannons are not somebody you want to piss off.

Mark

Anonymous said...

"In a radio interview that aired Thursday on KSL Radio's Nightside Project, Cannon said "precocious" pages may have been "egging this guy on." Foley is accused of sending sexually charged instant messages to a teenage male congressional page."

This was from the DesNews, Oct. 6, 2006.

Yep, Let's blame the kids. That is just like Cannon. This will be like shooting fish in a barrel but I don't think Cannon's people will be holding the gun.

Surely you don't want to start this nonsense. Cannon is WAY too big of a target.

Anonymous said...

"C'mon Mark. I have now worked in DC a few years and was shocked after leaving Utah the difference in perception of Cannon here vs Utah. Here, he is a real player behind the scenes and well respected."

Translation: Chris Cannon is a Republican Lap dog, running around to fetch slippers and come to the defense of the indefensible. i.e. Foley comments above. Jacob may be a nut but he forced a primary in the last election.

"Anyonw who take on Cannon pays a price down the road. The Cannons are not somebody you want to piss off."

Yep, typical Utah politics, "oppose me and I will destroy you". Huntsman ran outside that Utah Republican "Power base" and won. If Chaffetz learned anything from his time with Huntsman, I hope it's that.